01 Oct Associate Attorney/Paralegal
Full-time paralegal or associate attorney sought for established downtown Charleston Family Law firm. Ideal applicant has excellent organizational skills and is technologically proficient in areas including practice management software (Clio), Microsoft 365, Outlook, Dropbox, and general office technology and procedures. Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with client intake and evaluation
- Maintaining electronic and physical file systems
- Communicating with clients, witnesses, and counsel regarding case development
- Working efficiently and being able to multi-task and understand priorities
- Preparing requests for medical records, police reports, and other documents
- Proficient in drafting discovery and discovery responses, review of production and Motions to Compel
- Drafting client and witness affidavits generally, and in preparation for Temporary Hearings
- Researching and drafting legal documents and related correspondence
- Supporting attorneys with administrative tasks in pre-litigation, litigation, and trial-preparation phases
Applicants must have a four-year college degree, paralegal certificate, or equivalent work experience. Applicants who are attorneys must have excellent academic credentials and references. Contract applicants may be considered. Office is located in downtown Charleston. Parking is provided. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Interested applicants should send a resume and references to email@example.com. Please no telephone calls. Interviews will be scheduled via email.