29 May Paralegal
Charleston Pro Bono Legal Services Inc., is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit located in Charleston, SC. Charleston Pro Bono is dedicated to providing civil legal aid to low-income clients. We are seeking a Paralegal to fulfill a critical role for a one-year public grant.
Major Job Duties:
- Conduct intakes with prospective clients;
- Assist in-house attorneys with case management including client communication, research, client meetings and pleading preparation;
- Maintain database of cases referred to outside volunteer attorneys. Coordinate with volunteer attorneys to monitor referred cases for status and closure;
- Participate in community outreach programs and community clinics;
- Track cases and statistics to provide insight into trends, directions and opportunities;
- Provide support, training, and education of volunteers and interns; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred;
- Previous experience working in a legal setting;
- Strong organizational, time management, analytical and problem solving, and oral and written communications skills with the ability to advocate persuasively for the Program’s mission;
- Demonstrated passion for seeking justice for low-income and vulnerable populations; and
- Ability to work well under pressure, set and meet deadlines, manage several priorities in a day.
Salary Range: $30,000 – $35,000.
To apply, please include the following: (1) Cover Letter; (2) Resume; and (3) References
Accepting applications for an immediate start.
Alissa C. Lietzow, Esq.
Post Office Box 1116
Charleston, SC 29402